|UVa Ground Station
Versión en español
Member of GENSO: Global Educational Network for Satellite Operations
A beer and some tech! Periodic meetings at the coffee-shop, in the Telecomm. School. Next meeting: 22/Feb/2017, 19:00.
2016, June 22nd, 5:55AM (3:55 GMT). PSLV-C34 launch. Supporting the Swayam cubesat with the ground station.
2015, October. Keeping in touch with the Swayam cubesat people to collaborate in the next launch.
2015, October. Getting ready to present our works at the International Astronautical Congress, IAC 2015. We will be at the B4. 22nd IAA Symposium on Small Satellite Missions.
The ground station is located at 41.6621ºN, -4.7055ºW (WGS84) and 710 m (Valladolid, Spain). Locator is IN71PP.
The GTF (Genso Task Force) is coordinated by the Associate Professor Ramón de la Rosa Steinz, PhD. School of Telecommunication Engineering. Universidad de Valladolid (University of Valladolid). Spain: www.tel.uva.es/~ramros. Call sign: EA1GTH.
UVa Ground Station website: www.gs.tel.uva.es
- 2015, October 7th. 9:00. Conference-colloquium at the School of Telecomm. Engineering during the World Space Week: Presenting the UVa Ground Station and the Small Satellite Operations. Telecommunications in Space. With Senior Engineer Ignacio Clerigo from ESA as a special guest to present BepiColombo. Open to all the interested people.
- 2015. Tracking software, implementation and tests. Works in progress.
- 2014, November. Testing the APRS service with the International Space Station & ARISS. Checking EA1GTH in the map at ariss.net and aprs.fi.
- 2014, November 12th. Following the ESA Rosetta mission at the Telecommunicactions School. Local TV news and interview (in Spanish).
- 2013, November 22nd. Tracking the FUNcube. Enjoy the mission and check our packet count at the FUNcube warehouse! (look for the call sign EA1GTH).
- 2013, November 21st. Dnepr Cluster Mission 2013: Got the telemetry from the FUNcube cubesat during the first pass over Europe! Check the telemetry and the beacon message received at our ground station! More data at the FUNcube warehouse. The launch was performed with a Dnepr rocket, a converted SS-18 ICBM, at 08:11 (07:11 UTC): see launch video.
- 2013, November 20th. Waiting for the FUNcube launch: http://funcube.org.uk/
- 2013, November 20th. Improving the antenna access. Retractable ladder installed. Setting the polycarbonate hatch.
- 2013, September 9th. Hard disk failure fixed in the GS RAID. Works in progress.
- 2013, June 17th. Software maintenance: review and new ideas for the next months. In the pipeline: improvement of the antenna access, hatch renewal and stairs installation.
- 2013, April 8th.Watch live the antenna in operation by selecting Media and pics from the left menu.
- 2013, February 27th. Tracking the ISRO PSLV-C20/SARAL mission: the first satellite with a smartphone on board!
- 2013, January 1st. Rack assembled and station ready. Operating hamsats.
- 2012, October 3rd. Maintenance operations: assembling the new GS rack.
- 2012, September 13rd. Tracking the NROL-36 cubesat mission.
- 2012, February 7th. Vega flight VV01 is set to lift off on 13 February with the Spanish Xatcobeo cubesat among others.
- 2011, October 28th. GS working and giving support to the ELaNa III mission included in the NPP launching: see mission status.
- 2011, October 6th. Antenna and rotators working fine. Now, setting up the GS computer and wiring the data links.
- 2011, May 3rd. Antenna installation nearly finished.
- 2011, March 22nd. Starting the antenna installation.
- 2011, March 3rd. Platform and antenna tower assembled at the factory.